Sunday, July 24, 2011

Kofenya, California

7.18.11-7.24.11

I have made it through my first full week of training. I have been learning a lot about the department and other parts of campus. It has been a really good experience so far and I am feeling like I am getting my feet planted. It has also been a really cool experience because even though I am a graduate student Residence Life still views all graduate students as professional staff. I talked with my supervisor Adam this week and had a really good conversation on how he sees us as being a team and both running the residence hall. He is very supportive of me getting the experience that I want/need. With that I will get to directly supervise 2-3 resident assistants and will also get to hold conduct meetings with residents that are documented for breaking policy. Next week we will be starting training on academic advising and hopefully I will to get to move into my hall.

Everything else is going really well too. Starting to get to know people more and its funny because almost everyone has talked to me about being scared of not making connections (which is exactly how I was feeling).

 
So this is kind of an awkward picture but I didn't have anything else. I am currently sitting at Kofenya coffee shop with my bottomless ice coffee working. This is a picture of the bathroom (thus it is an awkward picture) but it shows the style of the coffee shop. Needless to say I already love it here (and how it feels like an artsy California place) and will be spending a great deal of time here working on papers.








No comments:

Post a Comment