Sunday, July 10, 2011

Howdy Ohio

7. 10.11

 

We drove out of Illinois, spent a bit of time in Indiana, and reached Ohio!! As soon as I got to Miami there was already a group of individuals to help move me in, including my supervisor, a First Year Advisor (hall director) that interviewed me, and the Director of Residence Life and Housing.  It was a little overwhelming to say the least but everything was out of my car and into my temporary room (I'll be moving into my Hall, Havigurst, early August) in 15min. Like I said a little overwhelming. I drove around Oxford and campus a bit to try and get acquainted with everything and start settling in. More pictures of the town and campus to come.

I had a great end of the day at  dinner with a few great people including the amazing Kira Newman (a bestie that went to Sonoma and just finished her first year at Miami) and my buddy Justin!! The program pairs a first year and second year graduate student together to help the first year transition and provide support and community. There was a lot of laughs and catching up and I am really looking forward to meeting more students in the program.

I am still trying to get my head on straight but I am so EXCITED to finally be here and start my new adventure!

Welcome to Oxford - Home of Miami University

No comments:

Post a Comment